Hi, I'm Louis
I'm an entrepreneur and podcast host based in Scottsdale, Arizona.
My primary focus is growing Orbit Metrics and Inbox Ghosts (in beta).
Since March 2020, I've published 3-5 podcast interviews per month (over 170 total episodes).
In these conversations, I chat with incredible entrepreneurs, investors, and authors.
In my spare time, I enjoy Ping Pong, CrossFit, Yoga, Hiking, and BJJ (still a white belt though).
Here's some more info about these projects 👇
Inbox Ghosts produces top-notch weekly email newsletters, completely done for you.
- Weekly newsletters are a fantastic way to build authority, consistently engage with your customers, and drive more sales.
- Every business could benefit from having one, but most are too busy to make it happen.
Our Main Client Archetypes (ICP)
- Professional Services (Agencies, Consultants)
- Nonprofits and Think Tanks
- Investments Funds
- Creators and Personal Brands
Orbit Metrics is a data and analytics consulting firm.
Projects and Capabilities
- Automated Reporting, and Dashboarding (typically in Looker Studio)
- Cloud Data Engineering Broadly
- Data Warehousing & Custom ETL work
- Web Analytics (especially Google Analytics 4)
- Advertising Attribution Audits
- Building Custom Internal Tools
- Miscellaneous internal data automation projects
Client Archetypes (ICP)
- Marketing Agencies (Lead Gen, PPC, SEO, Email, Full Service)
- Creators and Personal Brands
Over the past 5 years, I've written and podcasted extensively about entrepreneurship, the internet, leverage, compound interest, fitness and health, productivity, personal knowledge management, books and articles, goal setting, philosophy, finance and investing, stoicism, and technology.
Many of these articles are on this website. Other writing appears on Twitter and my (irregular) newsletter.
- Growth marketing generalist at Bitcoin Magazine (2021)
- Director of Growth at Inflection Points (Anthony Pompliano's Crypto Jobs and Crypto Academy) (2021)
- Co-Founder at InstantChapters.com, 1-Click Timestamped YouTube Chapter Summaries (2023)
Some Polarizing Opinions That Nobody Asked For
Have an open mind. Most things are nuanced. Reality has a surprising amount of detail.
- Bitcoin is largely a force for good
- Seed oils are largely a net negative for society (canola, soybean oil, etc)
- B2B services are the best business model for most beginners
- Related, the easiest way to make money is to help other people make money
- Avoid having strong opinions on subjects you know VERY little about
- Mainstream "news" outlets don't have your best interests in mind
- College is a suboptimal choice for most people
- Losing weight is extremely simple and not very difficult
- Most communications (texts, emails, etc) don't need an immediate reply
- Don't use social media unless you make money from it
- Blind compliance is rarely a virtue
- "The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates
- Tough love is severely lacking in American Culture
- Censorship is rarely a good thing. Be skeptical of those advocating for it.
- "Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not our by inheritance, it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." - Reagan
- You can learn a lot from "imperfect" people...("Absorb What Is Useful, Reject What Is Useless, and Add What Is Essentially Your Own" - Bruce Lee)
- The Bill of Rights is brilliant
- Get in front of people and make offers (the foundation of every business)
- Don't reinvent the wheel (innovate only where necessary and valuable)
- Don't overcomplicate it
- Business is infinitely easier when you are solving a well-defined problem
- Clear, not clever
- Bias towards action
- Play long term games with long term people (Credit to Naval)
- Never forget the lessons of the 20th century
- Think of higher order consequences (the consequences of the consequences)
- “Things that have never happened before happen all the time.” - Morgan Housel
(Accurate as of October 1st, 2023)